60 Minute Orange Breakfast Rolls
For a wonderful, refreshing spin on the usual morning cinnamon rolls, try these orange breakfast rolls.
They are a sweet taste of heaven!
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 cup quite warm milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 package yeast
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Combine milk, salt, sugar, yeast, egg, shortening and flour and knead.
- Roll out into a 12"x7" rectangle.
- Combine butter, orange rind, orange juice and sugar.
- Spread the dough rectangle with half the mixture.
- Roll up the long way and cut 12 rolls.
- Place in a 9" round pan.
- Let rise 25-30 minutes.
- Bake 20-25 minutes at 400F degrees.
- While still warm, frost with the other half of the orange mixture.