Almost A Meal Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef -- browned, drained
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 28 ounces canned tomatoes -- chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups potatoes -- diced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 10 ounces frozen corn -- thawed
- 10 ounces frozen lima beans -- thawed
- 1 large bell pepper -- cut in strips
- 1& 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a bowl, combine browned and drained beef, onion, and tomatoes with liquid, Worcestershire sauce and salt.
- Spoon into a greased 3-quart casserole.
- Layer the potatoes, flour, corn, lima beans and green peppers on top.
- Cover and bake at 375°F for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and continue baking, uncovered, for 30 minutes longer.
Very good for preparing ahead of time.
To reheat, place foil loosely over top and reheat in oven for about 20 minutes.