Chewy Sugar CookiesCooking Time: 8 min Ingredients
Chewy Sugar Cookies
Cooking Time:8 min
- 3/4 cup butter flavored Crisco (shortening)
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
<!-- end articleAttrSection -->
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cream together Crisco and sugar, adding eggs, vanilla and lemon juice after well combined.
- Gradually add in flour mixture. Let chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F.
- Roll out dough using flour/confectioners sugar blend to coat rolling pin/board and cookie cutters.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 6-8 minutes on ungreased cookie sheet.
These are very good iced as well. These cookies, if stored in an airtight container, will remain chewy. For a crispy sugar cookie, use real butter instead of Crisco.